Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Give Credit where Credit is due!

One of the most important things you can do as a scrapper is give credit to those wonderful people that create these packages we use. No matter if you paid for them or found them on a free site. Each designer put in their own time and skill to make these special things for each of us and deserves credit.
There are many methods you can do in tracking credit for a layout. Find what works for you. What works for me is using notepad and copy/pasting my information into the file info for my layout. That way it is with each layout and I do not have to go search for that information. You can also make a hidden layer on your layout if you like that better, same principle. Here are the steps for my way of doing it.

Here is the layout I designed today. If you are like me when I create a layout I usually grab things from other kits, which makes tracking more difficult. In this kit I used several different designers.


After I complete a layout I open notepad (located by going to start | all programs | accessories). I then start copying the individual layers (one from each package). To copy I double click on the title of the layer, when it turns blue (where you could edit the line) I do a ctrl + c command.


After I copy and paste (quick command for paste is ctrl + v) them all over to notepad, I even keep track of my fonts, I start deleting the individual element name. People need to know what package you used not that you used ribbon_12 from so and so's package.


When you have edited your notebook file, select everything and copy.


Once you have copied your text from your notepad, go back to your Photoshop Elements program and go to File, File Info....



 I always place my credit in the caption box.



Now this layout always will have its credit already listed out. This comes in handy when you are building new profiles at scrapbooking galleries, who wants to take the time to organize things, AGAIN. This way you open, copy, paste and viola you are done.

ALSO - did you know that at certain sites you can link designers packages back to a store. This is just the ultimate way to give credit. Talk about promoting your favorite designer! One click and someone can buy their product.

Lets all support our designers hard work with credit. It is the right thing to do!




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...