Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Want to get a kit free?

The Stuff to Scrap Designers have been posting freebie parts of a mega kit called Countdown to Christmas on the Stuff to Scrap blog. My day is day 22 (today!) and I made an alpha for you. You have to visit the Stuff to Scrap blog to figure out how to get it free. It'll be free for 48 hours because of a goof I made! Now onto the free kit. I made a Christmas kit called White Christmas. I love the movie White Christmas and I watch it every year. I absolutely LOVE the last scene in the movie with the big red dresses trimmed with fur, the elegant feeling of the tree and the whole scene, the snow falling outside. I was inspired by that scene when I made this kit. I wanted to make a more traditional kit rather than a whimsical kit because I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas. I want red, green and white when I scrap Christmas pictures-not pink, blue, or orange. I also made this kit a sophisticated, elegant kit with silvers and golds thrown in. Here's a look at my kit White Christmas. Here are just a couple layouts made using this kit. I will show you more later. Layouts are by Stephanie and Debbie respectively. I'm sure you're waiting to find out how to get a free kit, aren't you? Now I'll tell you! Did you know that historically the 12 days of Christmas started ON Christmas and continued 12 days after Christmas? That period of the 12 days after Christmas was called Christmas tide and ended on January 5th, with Epiphany the next day which marks the end of the Christmas season. So instead of me giving away a piece a day of the kit 12 days before Christmas, I'm doing it the historic way. I'm giving away a piece a day 12/25-1/5. You have to visit my blog every day to download the next piece. The first piece or 2 will be left up longer because I'm sure many of you won't be online on Christmas. The kit is also in my store. Right now it's 40% off so you can grab it for just $2.39. Once that sale ends, it'll be on sale for $2.50 until 1/5. So please come back on 12/25 to get your first piece.

3 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [23 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute Becky! We totally should have collabed! Great minds I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is something fun to look forward to - and White Christmas is also our favorite, and the end is the absolute best part!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...